Re: RFC: countrychooser and IP location

On Sunday 10 September 2006 21:21, Robert Millan wrote:
> Does Joey's proposal to make it a choose-mirror-only check address your
> concerns?

Not really. I'd still classify it as post-Etch at this point.
Mostly because we don't really have sufficient time to get feedback about
reliability, quality of the database and e.g. from users in weird places
and work out any quirks.

I agree that the use suggested by Joey is a nice one though. Like
Christian I did not really see a use in localechooser but had not thought
of limiting it to mirror selection.

Feel free to implement it in a private branch (under "people") of the
relevant udeb(s) in the d-i repo which would allow development now and
make merging it into trunk after Etch easier.

The only way I can see it going in before Etch is if Joey disagrees with
my judgement and is willing to work with you on implementation and
testing.

Cheers,
FJP