Re: udevd[]: nss_ldap: could not connect to any LDAP server as (null) - Can't contact LDAP server

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 10:39:36AM +0200, De Leeuw Guy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I boot or server (ia64) I receive theses errors :
>
> Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd
> udevd[]: nss_ldap: could not connect to any LDAP server as (null) - Can't contact LDAP server
> udevd[]: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldaps://foo.bar: Can't contact LDAP server
> udevd[]: nss_ldap: could not connect to any LDAP server as (null) - Can't contact LDAP server
> udevd[]: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldaps://foo.bar: Can't contact LDAP server
> udevd[]: nss_ldap: could not connect to any LDAP server as (null) - Can't contact LDAP server
> udevd[]: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldaps://foo.bar: Can't contact LDAP server
> udevd[]: nss_ldap: reconnecting to LDAP server (sleeping 4 seconds)
> sleep interval is doubled each time 4,8,16,32,64... and I wait more than 15 min
> ctrl-c stop udevd and the boot hangs
>
> How can I solve this problem ?

I think it are two problems:
* udevd was told to use nss_ldap ( It could be a user error. )
* udevd waiting forever on an LDAP server (IMHO is fall back to plain files)

Then there is another to find out:
Is it really a Debian-installer problem or is it a udev thing?

Hope this Helps, at least the modified subject line should do so
Geert Stappers