[newbie]: own boot/root cd with grub : ide problem

Hello,

As a newbie (not really a developper) I want to make my own boot/root CD.
So I have made a custom kernel, an initrd to be loaded by the boot loader and a root  tree.
The ramdisk contains device /dev/hdc (my cdrom), unfortunately when  I  boot  pivot_root fails  telling pivot_root: noc such file or directory
but pivot_root is also present on the ramdisk.

Is it possible to boot a cdrom from grub ? (Why wouldn t it be ?)
Cause I have read through the web there are some problems

I must mention that ide drivers are not compiled as modules.

Can  somenone help me

Thanks for reply

Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.