Re: Debian Installer etch beta 3 released

Hi,

 I installed it in mysystem and was trying to do some kernel module development. I was not able to compile modules as the kernel version magic says gcc-4.0 and the default compiler is gcc-4.1 (I have used only first 2 cds). It fails with a message gcc-4.0 not found. when explicitly gave CC=/uslr/bin/gcc-4.1 for make it compiled but failed to insert the module saying the version magic is not correct

'2.6.16-2-686 686 gcc 4.1' should have been '2.6.16-2-686 686 gcc 4.0'

I hope etch stable will be coming with 2.6.17 compiled with gcc-4.1

Currently I can solve it if I can install gcc-4.0 (which i did in my friend's system). Since I have no net connection at home, i was wondering which CD will have gcc-4.0

Then I tried to compile another kernel but again same issue ncurses-dev in which cd :-(

So I might want to download 2 more cds and try my luck with those.

Just wanted to share this info.

Cheers
Praveen
--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."