Re: [amd64][hd-media] Mouse is un-movable

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 11:58:31AM +0200, Wasfi JAOUAD wrote:
> Hi,
> I just tried the 2006-08-20 boot.img to install AMD64 Debian from an USB stick in expertgui mode.
> My USB mouse light was on (so somehow detected I guess) but I couldn't move the cursor on the
> screen.
> It's a very standard Logitech rodent..
> Strange since my USB optical NGS Slim Kit keybord (far less common) was detected and worked
> perfectly..
> Pb detecting and using two USB inputs at install time ?
>
> [ hardware list ]
> NGS Optical Slim Kit (USB, keyboard) + Std. Logitech USB wheel mouse.

I assume that the "keyboard" has a scroll wheel and is wrongly
identified as a mouse.

My suggestion is to swap the USB connection of the mouse and keyboard.
I expect that when the USB devices are detected in another order,
they will be identified different then in previous connector
configuration.

HtH
GSt