Re: Installer manual, paragraph difficult to understand

On Thursday 17 August 2006 16:43, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> Unless you wish to use the disk you are partitioning from Tru64 Unix
> or one of the free 4.4BSD-Lite derived operating systems (FreeBSD,
> OpenBSD, or NetBSD), it is suggested that you do
> <emphasis>not</emphasis> make the third partition contain the whole
> disk. This is not required by <command>aboot</command>, and in fact,
> it may lead to confusion since the <command>swriteboot</command>
> utility used to install <command>aboot</command> in the boot sector
> will complain about a partition overlapping with the boot block.
>
> Does it mean:
>
> 1) If the disk previously contained Tru64 Unix or one of the free
> 4.4BSD-Lite ..., the third partition should not contain the whole disk
> if you want to use the disk for GNU/Linux only.

Almost certainly this one.

Perhaps this makes it clearer: "..., it is not necessary to create the
third partition as a "whole disk" partition (i.e. with start and end
sectors to span the whole disk). In fact ..."

Should I commit this for the original English version?