Re: preseed/url=ftp://ipadress/preseed.cfg possible ?

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 01:06:26PM +0200, Kamido Rotunda wrote:
> Hi guys can anyone tell me if its possible to use an ftp server
> and an ip-adress for the preseed/url=http://host/path/to/preseed.cfg part
> like this ftp://192.168.0.2/preseed.cfg and if yes ist there a log somewhere
> that shows me the output

no public follow-up yet.

Over here I have a nice working domain name server ( DNS ) so I don't
use IP-address (I use the hostname).  I use a HTTP server for the
preseed.cfg files ( no ftp-server )

That means I don't have the configuration that Orginal Poster is
considering.

I suggest that O.P. makes the configuration he/she wants and tell if it
works or where it fails ( if it fails)

Cheers
Geert Stappers