partman checks

There are a number of partman scripts which check whether the
partition layout looks sane, e.g. some machines require a /boot
partition of a specific type.  I'm working on a machine which needs to
have a separate /boot and / partition.  Instead of creating yet
another check and putting it in a random package, I thought it would
make sense to create a partman-checks package in which to put such
scripts.  At the beginning of each script, archdetect would be started
and the checks would only be run on specific machines.

Do people think creating such a package is a good idea?  If so, I'll
start moving such checks to this package.  I'll start with those from
partman-ext2rd, which include the following checks:

 - We need an old ext2 (revision 0) filesystem to boot
 - The boot file system has to be the first primary partition
 - The root partition has to be primary

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/