Gtk 2.10 (DirectFB) progress report
Gtk 2.10 merges the DirectFB Gdk backend in the upstream sources.
2.10.0 was released the 3rd of July, and 2.10.1 the 24th.
Gtk 2.10 still requires patches to properly use the DirectFB flavor of
Cairo -- relevant patches sent upstream -- but the DirectFB patch is
However, it's not in an uploadable state because the DirectFB flavor of
Gtk 2.10 requires:
- a fresher DirectFB than the latest release (0.9.25.1); I hope the
DirectFB maintainer has the time to prepare a snapshot for
experimental as requested in Debian #383238
- to rebuild the DirectFB flavor of Cairo with --enable-pdf and
--enable-ps as requested in Debian #383297
- to rebuild Cairo against the new DirectFB which changes SONAME, I
hope an upload to experimental will be possible once DirectFB is
uploaded but I've not requested that yet
If you want to test these, I've prepared binary packages but these are
not even suitable for experimental, so WARNING, dangerous, etc.:
- DirectFB, CVS snapshot, package name not changed despite SONAME change,
- Cairo, rebuilt with appropriate configure flags for the DirectFB
backend and against the new DirectFB
- Gtk 2.10, built against the above, still WIP
(You can also rebuild these with the patches I've sent in the BTS, and
from pkg-gnome's SVN.)
Be warned that the new Gtk 2.10 is binary incompatible with Gdk Pixbuf
Loaders and Gtk IM Modules built with pre-2.10 Gtk versions; you'll
need to rebuild udeb modules.
Feedback on regressions in the Debian Installer introduced by the 2.10
switch are welcome to debian-gtk-gnome@, or the Gtk BTS.
I'll keep the list posted if I happen to upload Gtk 2.10 to
Loïc Minier <firstname.lastname@example.org>