some problems with d-i (and g-i)

Hi!

I've done yesterday two installs of etch with the miniiso from august 10, and
i have a few comments.

First, it's great, great work.

But...

1) There is an issue with the gui already reported yesterday by martin krafft,
about not being able to choose leaves with double click, only with keyboard.
I was forced to use keyboard all time...

2) I think lvm install is over-complicated. When you create a normal
partition,
the next step is to choose filesystem and mount point. I would expect lvm to
work in the same way:
create lvm partition -> create pv -> create vg -> create lv -> select
filesystem/mount point for each lv
Instead, you create the lvm partition, and you have to go *up* (it means
*back* in installer's logic) in the menu to choose lvm setup. After the setup
you go down again to choose the mount point for each lv.

Do you see what I mean? I don't know if my English is good enough... But I go
on...

3) The install went well, but later I installed windows in an empty partition
and my grub passed away. So, I booted with the same mini-iso, option rescue.
When I ask to "execute a shell in /dev/discs/disc0/part2", g-i says it will
execute it, but doesn't do anything. I went to the terminal (c-a-f1), and the
shell was there.

But grub-install failed, and I can't mount the other partitions. So I quit the
shell, with exit, and go back to g-i (manually, with alt-f5), where I have a
message: "Error running shell in /target: A shell (/bin/sh -i) was found on
your root filesystem (/dev/discs/disc0/part2)". It doesn't sound like an
error, but if it says so...

So I tried the other "rescue operation" applicable, "reinstall grub loader",
told g-i to install it in (hd0) and the operation failed with exit code 20.

That's it. I reproduced all these steps in vmware, and I have 13 screenshots I
can send/upload if it helps.

I can fill bug reports, but I would like to know first if I'm missing
something and against which packages to fill the report.

Tiago Saboga.