Re: Will encrypted partitions slow down preformance?

Hi there,

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 12:29:09PM -0600, Joseph Smidt wrote:
> I will test beta 3 tomorrow.  I am considering also testing the
> encrypted partitions.  Will having encrypted partitions slow down
> performance?  If so how much?  Thanks.

How big the performance impact will be is difficult to predict,
as it depends on many factors. You might find the benchmark page
at riseup.net [0] useful - it shows a detailed comparison of the
relative performance of dm-crypt vs. loop-AES vs. plain disk.

cheers,
Max

--
[0] http://deb.riseup.net/storage/encryption/benchmarks/