impressions of yesterday's install

Hi folks,

I had to reinstall my laptop yesterday and used the 20060806 gtk
mini.iso at Frans' suggestion. As you can see, this resulted in 13
bug reports, which are all more or less minor.

However, following 13 bug reports, I feel obliged to also
congratulate you all on your work! Even though I am not a graphical
person at all, it's plain obvious that you have done a lot of good
work, and I was really impressed with g-i, and the entire
installation process as a whole (I actually had to restart the
installation with newt because of the partman-crypto problems
related to g-i).

So thank you all for your great and hard work on making the Debian
installer awesome. In the future, I can just laugh when people claim
that Debian is difficult to install.

PS: the quote at the bottom is strangely appropriate. Sometime I am
lead to distrust the integrity of /dev/urandom. :)

`. `'`

"it takes more keystrokes to enter a windows license key
 than it takes to do a complete debian desktop install!"
                                                        -- joey hess