Re: Proposed small fix to translations_po.txt

On Thursday 10 August 2006 12:50, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> The language code in debian/langlist is needed if user is going to run
> buildone.sh. If the code was missing when running the scripts,
> buildone.sh reports missing language or some such error.

No, you really are mistaken. The missing language error is only if you did
not run create-xml. And this is explained in the translations_po.txt:

  "After that you can run the buildone.sh script as documented in the
   README in the ./build directory. If you run buildone.sh without first
   generating the XML files, you will either get an error message "unknown
   language" or build from an outdated version of the XML files."

None of the scripts documented in translations_po.txt use debian/langlist.
That file is only used for full builds.

> I got only 22% complete finnish translation, so I am not going to want
> you to build finnish for ages yet.

But I already _do_ build Finnish (see not the big table, but the small one
below it): http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/#links.
How else did you think you were getting the build logs? ;-)

> But it is OK for me to leave them out. After all, I already found out
> they are needed and don't need that info anymore. If others stumble
> upon the same problem, let them do their own work. :-)

I have added a more explicit reference for the build dependencies in the
"requirements" section.