Re: PowerPC miBoot floppy build is broken again

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 01:09:48AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 10:08:15PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > Just did that. If that is indeed the issue, the next build (which will
> > > start in two hours and be finished some time later) will work again.
> >
> > Hi Wouter ....
> >
> > I do have some script which auto-upgrades the packages to a point (doesn't
> > work with things like the library abi changes, which is what ended up in Frans
> > kicking me out, so beware), if it could be useful to you, i would be glade to
> > provide it.
>
> I prefer to manually upgrade packages. I've seen too much going wrong
> with auto-upgrades while maintaining buildd to trust that on unstable
> ;-)

Bah, if you like doing unnecessary work, its your choice :)

That said, in all those months i maintained the buildds (and i still recent
the way i was summarily dismissed by frans, "thank you but we don't need you
anymore, go away" right, he), the only problems i saw was with things like abi
changes in libraries, the rest worked fine.

Friendly,

Sven Luther