Re: Hint for iso-codes

Quoting Eddy Petrişor (eddy.petrisor@gmail.com):
> On 21/07/06, Tobias Toedter <t.toedter@gmx.net> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >the package iso-codes could be hinted into testing today, if the D-I team
> >doesn't have any objections.
>
> So RO is not 100% in the beta release :( #378665 (judging from the
> changelog) ?

Actually, having iso-codes transitioning to testing will not change
anything in reality.

The completeness of the iso-codes translation influences indirectly
the completeness of localechooser.

Indeed, if localechooser is built on a machine where iso-codes is 100%
translated, then localechooser will be 100% translated.

So, if you actually want 100%, then Tobias needs to prepare a new
iso-codes with the fixed translation you sent, *then* someone needs to
rebuild localechooser, upload it to unstable and have it transitioned
to testing on Frans request.

I never advertised this exact behaviour very widely mostly because
this is quite complicated...:-)...and the real important thing is to
have 100% for the Etch release.

Believe me, *I* will be nagging *all* maintainers and translators
starting from September 2006 in order to have 100% everywhere in all
D-I levels...and these 100% be the reality in testing as well (see the
new testing l10n status pages).