Re: CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_DEBUG enabled => linux-image-2.6.16-2-nslu2 is unusable

* Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org> [2006-07-11 18:50]:
> CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_DEBUG is now enabled on nslu2 kernels. As this
> kernels only run on machines which only supports USB disks, this render
> the machine unusable: every traffic on the disk is logged to
> /var/log/syslog, which generates traffic on the disk, etc.

Yeah, I just noticed that myself. :/  It does suck but I'm not sure
this is a RC bug.  The kernel does work, sort of, after all... we're
trying to get beta3 out and I think the -boot team will kill me if
there has to be another kernel rebuild so I suggest we leave it as it
is for now (I've disabled it in SVN already for future releases).

Ccing -boot to get comments.  Would there be time for another kernel
upload?  If not, I'll downgrade this bug.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/