Re: stagger forced fsck on reboot

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 11:50:55PM +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:
> remount setting that would want to be staggered.  Staggering the counter
> would in a sense only work the first time round.

More precise, it would work until the first unclean shutdown and
subsequent forced fsck.

However, seen as though forced fsck after unclean umount on ext3 only
occurs rarely thanks to ext3's journaling features (and seen that a
journal replay does not reset the mount counter), I fail to see why this
would be a problem or is, indeed, relevant.

--
Fun will now commence