[g-i]GTK 2.8.18 with directfb support packages [was: Re: [directfb-dev] [g-i] Graphical installer and PPC systems]

On 5/25/06, fiandro@tiscali.it <fiandro@tiscali.it> wrote:
Mike Emmel wrote:
> I think a lot of the issues were actually 64 bit stuff thats
recently been fixed
> any chance you could try 25.1 ? or a cvs build just to see.
> I believe the problems were down in the directfb layer so it would
be
> nice to know if its there or higher up in gdk/cairo. What we really
> need is a commited developer with a PowerPC to trace this down thats
> the main problem.

I've updated the GTKDFB howto [1] to build latest GTKDFB libraries:
could someone with a PPC box try to download and compile DFB 0.9.25.1
and then follow the steps explained in the wiki tutorial to build
GTKDFB PPC libraries ?

I have been fighting the whole Sunday to make a patch to the debian
package gtk+2.0 so that it produces also a library with the directfb
backend.

Until now I have maneged to make a separate set of targets in the debian/rules.

Still there are some problems because in the Debian package it seems
that the configure* files have also some .orig counterparts and I
haven't figured yet what is the flow of the things during the build
for these files. (directfb gdk-target is still not visible, because
the configure* files are rewritten - this is the most recent info I
have, but I had to blindly try to compile the package and went on a
wrong track for some time causing me to waste about 4-5 hours).

I am still unsure about the way I should tell the build system to use
the cairo.so file provided by the libcairo2-directfb-dev package
(Dave, I fear that symlinks will be necessary for this file, too).
Also I am not sure if the so file should not be called something like
cairo-directfb.so, but am so unsure of these things that i think
nothing should be done until this issue is calrified.

Now I think I got the general idea behind the build process of gtk+2.0
Debian package and I hope I will manage to get tonight the direcfb
library to build.

--
Regards,
EddyP