Re: Are Georgian/Nepali display OK in the graphical installer ?

This looks like a bug that was fixed some time ago in GTKDFB mainline source tree. As soon as GTKDFB 2.8.17 gets packaged, we'll be able to see wheter the bug has been solved or not.

Attilio

Paras pradhan wrote:
Hi all:

I have checked the iso with installgui option . The rendering is OK. But on
the 1st lines of each page of the install process, the top glyphs are cut
and not displayed properly. I have attacted a screenshot and mark it with a
black circle. The marked word sud look like:

गर्नुहोस्

Hope you get me what i am trying to say.

Thanks
Paras.

On 6/15/06, Davide Viti <zinosat@tiscali.it> wrote:

Hi all,

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 04:01:14PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Aiet, Paras,
>
> Since we activated Georgian/Nepali in the Debian Installer, we got no
> feedback about the rendering in the graphical version.

I noticed Georgian was not among the languages supported by the
spellchecker and
fixed that too:

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/spellcheck/level1/index.html

Nepali has 7 errors: can you please fix those ("Suspect variables" and
"Specific checks" columns)

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd/debian-testing-i386-businesscard.iso
> is appropriate for a i386 platform)....and boot it with "installgui".

I created screenshots for all supported languages:

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/gtk-frontend/screenshots/20060614_dejavu2.6/

> This will use the Georgain fonts from   ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts.... and
> the ttf-freefont font for Nepali.

ATM we're using freefont: sorry for not updating the Wiki accordingly:
just done that.
Is freefont ok for displaying Georgian or should we switch to
ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts?

thanx,
Davide