Re: Are Georgian/Nepali display OK in the graphical installer ?

Hi all,

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 04:01:14PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Aiet, Paras,
>
> Since we activated Georgian/Nepali in the Debian Installer, we got no
> feedback about the rendering in the graphical version.

I noticed Georgian was not among the languages supported by the spellchecker and
fixed that too:

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/spellcheck/level1/index.html

Nepali has 7 errors: can you please fix those ("Suspect variables" and "Specific checks" columns)

> Could you try one of the daily build images
> (http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/iso-cd/debian-testing-i386-businesscard.iso
> is appropriate for a i386 platform)....and boot it with "installgui".

I created screenshots for all supported languages:

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/gtk-frontend/screenshots/20060614_dejavu2.6/

> This will use the Georgain fonts from   ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts.... and
> the ttf-freefont font for Nepali.

ATM we're using freefont: sorry for not updating the Wiki accordingly: just done that.
Is freefont ok for displaying Georgian or should we switch to ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts?

thanx,
Davide