Re: Some questions

David Härdeman wrote:
> here's a couple of questions in no particular order that I hope someone
> can answer for me:
>
> 1) what is the purpose of packages/partman/partman-lvm/parted_names/lvm?
>   (simply contains the string "linux-swap")

IIRC this is a hack since there's no lvm partition type, but I may be
wrong.

> 2) should we do svn propset svn:ignore "*" on
> trunk/installer/build/localudebs?

IMHO not, it would make it easier to miss that you have localudebs,
which can be a bad thing when doing official builds.

> 3) why does partman-lvm need to ask whether old volume groups should be
>   brought up or not the first time it is invoked? Why not just do it and
>   let the user delete them if he doesn't want them?

Maybe there are cases where a activating a broken old lvm volume can
cause trouble or be otherwise undesirable?

--
see shy jo