Re: Integration of the DFB backend into current GTK+ 2.8.17 sources

Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:

>>> i just mailed dave beckett, maintainer of libcairo2, to ask him if he
>>> can provide us a DFB version of this libray.
>>

>> Current version of libcairo2 in unstable is 1.0.4, but the gtk-dfb
>> pahge you
>> mentioned says :
>>
>>   Next, get cairo >= 1.1.6 from and build it with the DFB backend
>> enabled:
>>
>> And indeed, i didn't find any DFB related stuff in the current cairo
>> version
>> in unstable.
>
> You're right: GTK 2.8.17 requires only cairo >= 0.9.2, but DFB backend
> became officially part of cairo starting from version 1.1.2 (first
> official release of 1.1.x series).

Yes it's in the official (development) releases 1.1.x but remains
unsupported/experimental.  The next 1.2.0 stable release will include it,
but it will remain unsupported; it might not even be updated for recent
Cairo git changes.

> The only reasonable option i see to updating official cairo to >= 1.1.2
> in unstable is maintaining custom 1.1.6 source package with DFB backed
> enabled, until cairo 1.1.x enters unstable.

I'm away from my debian boxes for a few more days but I have been intending
to package cairo 1.1.x in debian's experimental with the cairo udeb,
preparing for the long-delayed cairo 1.2.0.

Dave