Re: Integration of the DFB backend into current GTK+ 2.8.17 sources

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 03:50:31AM +0200, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> You're right: GTK 2.8.17 requires only cairo >= 0.9.2, but DFB backend
> became officially part of cairo starting from version 1.1.2 (first
> official release of 1.1.x series).
> The only reasonable option i see to updating official cairo to >= 1.1.2
> in unstable is maintaining custom 1.1.6 source package with DFB backed
> enabled, until cairo 1.1.x enters unstable.

I read the cairo changelog yesterday, and i couldn't see any risk of
instability, only more stabilty, but i am no expert. Do we have feedback from
the cairo maintainer on this, or from the gnome people ? Mike, do you have an
opinion on cairoa 1.0.4 vs cairo 1.1.x ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther