Re: [g-i] Graphical installer and PPC systems

On 5/24/06, Attilio Fiandrotti <fiandro@tiscali.it> wrote:
Hi

Reading reports about the PPC version of the g-i, it came to my mind an
old, yet unsolved, bug [1] that caused crashes on PPC boxes with some
particular grapic cards installed.
No one ever investigated deeply enough to state if that was related to
DFB 0.9.22 or to the DFB backend contained in GTKDFB 2.0.9 as, AFAIK, no
one ever tried to run a recent DFB backend togheter with DFB >=0.9.24 on
a PPC box.

You are wrong, this what I have wasted the frist day on during the
Extremadura meeting. Unfortunately it was ... well ... wasted.

As some PPC users may experience annoying crashes, i suggest to disable
DFB's hardware acceleration by default, at least until we switch to a
newer stack of GTKDFB+Cairo+DFB libraries.

I could try to make some time to create an image with the gtk
2.8+patches and see if it works if you can provide me the source
package for that.

Looking again at the report and seeing Sven's and your messages I see
I can't test that on my laptop.

--
Regards,
EddyP