installing debian without debian-installer

Hi,

I've installed debian etch without debian-installer or any CD image.

The fact that debian-installer ("base-config") is now execute during the first installation part before the reboot, and that there is not anymore "base-config" or similar in the repository force me to do a manual installation old school.

Well, the aim was to install debian without using any cd or booting device, but simply by using the linux image my computer was already running on.

That was a good experience and made an article explaining how-to achieve this.
http://www.debuntu.org/2006/05/14/51-how-to-installing-debian-etch-from-a-running-debian-based-system

I know it is not much of what this mailing list is for, but I thought it might interest some of you.

cheerio,
chantra