booting debian on NSLU2

Hi,

I am following the instructions of

	http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/

to install debian in a NSLU2 (v2.3r63). I've downloaded the unofficial
images as I do not own a USB ethernet device. My storage device is
only a USB flashdrive of 512mb, no USB disk here. As I was unable to
make the usb key get recogized (according to linksys because I'm a
fool, according to unslung people, because this is not possible), I
installed unslung. This worked fine until I tried to install the
kernel modules which are broken (according to the modutils wrong place
and wrong architecture). For not getting more answers from unslung
people and for being a longtime debian user on desktops, this should
be the right thing for me.

Following the page cited above, I tried to use the http interface to
flash the image, but that would give me a "Error: Bad filename or
format.", I tried the same with the linksys image I downloaded but got
the same message. Then I put the slug into upgrade mode and tried
using upslug2 which did work just fine with the linksys image. I put
it again into upgrade mode and used di-nslu2.bin. No errors everything
seems fine, only: no reboot after upslug2 announcing a reboot and
exiting. The amber and green top lights stay lit, no anwser to ssh nor
a broadcast ping (though this would make the green LED twinker). If I
push the power button, the lights twinker shortly to go back to the
obstinate green/amber position, with no network activity. I tried to
re-install the linksys firmeware which works just fine, as nothing had
happened. And if I try again di-nslu2.bin, I get the same response.

Sombody could tell me please what I'm doing wrong? Or better, how to
do it right?

Please CC to me, as I'm not on this list.

--
Cris.