Re: Cannot download the Release file

Trying to install etch-amd64 using official jigdo weekly build 20060417.
I only have a dial-up connection (did jigdo and burn at another place with high speed) so am attempting an install from CD only. base-installer fails because of the following:

On 4/16/06 Franz Pop wrote
>The cause of this issue has been found. A necessary file was missing >from CD images due to a change in a package.
>CD images built after today should be OK again.

I understand the file /cdrom/.disk/base-installable is missing from the iso and base-installer checks for its existence and I presume sets a boolean variable (name, location?) that enables/disables install from cdrom to proceed.

On 4/24/06 Marco wrote
>>Is there any VT2 hack I could do to let the base install process go on?

I also would like to know of any hack (preseed or ash shell commands) that would let base-installer proceed with the install.  This would be simpler for my dialup situation than new downloads.

TIA jacks, linux newbe

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!