Re: [RFR] Proposal for CD-ROM only installs
On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 07:24:36AM +0200, Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:
> Bill Allombert wrote:
> >On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:19:24PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> >>With Beta 2 we have lost the option to (easily) install without using a
> >>network connection. There have been several comments about this.
> >Please keep in mind that there is a distinction between having no
> >network connection and no Internet connection.
> This distinction is not important, as somebody can install from a mirror
> in the LAN.
I have the gut feeling that that distinction _is_ important.
And as with all gut feelings, it is hard to explain.
> IMHO Frans is addressing the problem, where somebody _wants_ or _needs_
> to install from CDROM only.
Yes, the 'no_net' is ambigious, 'cd_only' expresses better what is going on.
On the Debian Wiki I just make this change:
| Diff for "DebianInstaller/EtchBeta3Prep"
| Differences between revisions 45 and 46
| Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
| Line 17: Line 17:
| * Support installation without network. * Support ''CD-ROM only'' installation.
The same change as unified diff
--- 45 2006-04-18 11:42:36.000000000 +0200
+++ 46 2006-04-18 11:42:04.000000000 +0200
@@ -14,7 +14,7 @@
* Have graphical installer as part of daily builds and release
* Udeb dependency transition is in progress
* (DebianInstaller/LibraryUdebs). * Two packages remaining that
* need to be updated before integration can start: glib2.0 and pango1.0.
- * Support installation without network.
+ * Support ''CD-ROM only'' installation.
* Support installation of Sarge.
* Fix issues with running tasksel.
* Crash when installing in non-UTF-8 encoding.