Re: [g-i] dejavu 2.4.1-1

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 11:47:53AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Monday 17 April 2006 11:16, Davide Viti wrote:
> > > I'm surprised to see that Unicode Character 'BOX DRAWINGS HEAVY
> > > HORIZONTAL' (U+2501)
> > > <http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2501/index.htm> is used
> > > in a script :-)  Is it really part of Vietnamese script?
> >
> > check it yourself:
> > http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/spellcheck/level1/index.html
>
> Looks like bad translation to me though. Should probably be something like
> an mdash instead.
> IMO we don't have to provide for this.

I do agree 100%: if I could choose, I wouldn't like to see such characters in
d-i translations and I would leave those for OpenOffice documents or such.
There was a similar thread a while ago on d-boot where Clytie gave an interesting
explanation (was not about dashes but about bullets):

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/03/msg00595.html

Ciao,
Davide