Re: Cannot download the Release file

On Thursday 13 April 2006 22:05, Marco wrote:
> During an offline install (no ethernet and no dialup connection) from
> Etch weekly cd builds, my base system installation fails trying to
> download the "Release file".
>
> Is it possible to skip this step (as for the mirror selection)? Maybe
> altering some install script from the console?

If you use the <Go Back> button to exit to the menu the during mirror
selection and then just skip that step the installation should go fine.
You will be asked again if you want to choose a mirror later, but at that
point there is an "Ignore" option.

We are working on a structural fix for this issue.

Cheers,
FJP