Re: [d-i-commits] r36125 - trunk/installer/doc/i18n

Quoting Børre Gaup (albbas-guest@costa.debian.org):
> Author: albbas-guest
> Date: 2006-04-06 15:15:31 +0000 (Thu, 06 Apr 2006)
> New Revision: 36125
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/installer/doc/i18n/languages.xml
> Log:
> Updated info on Northern Sami

Well, I prefer updating this information myself...

Your edits compeltely reformatted the file, making it hard to read and
understand.

I reverted them as, moreover, the addition of "NOSEFI" in the
"countries_official" and "countries_most_spoken" is wrong with regards
to the rules we use:

-countries_official lists countries were the said language is one of
 the *national* languages. My understanding of Sami is that it could
 be considered a "regional" language more than a national language (ie
 a language used for official publications in the country such as law
 texts and the like). Of course, I know that is is officially teached
 in some parts of Norway (which is why you try supporting it in
 Skolelinux), but, for me, it isn't enough to qualify and be listed
 there....without any offense intended of course

-countries_most_spoken lists the country/countries where the said
 language is the most spoken language of the country. This is of course
 not the case for Sweden, Finland and Norway....

Both are used to paint the world in red and show countries that we
"cover", depending on the way we count.

This is why *no* country was listed for Sami. This was really intended
and does absolutely not reflect the views I, or others, may have about
the language of course....