Re: Automatically installing an SMP kernel on AMD64 SMP machines

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 03:17:18PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> I know the difference between the two, but that's actually the only
> difference in dmidecode between single-core and dual-core CPUs.

An AMD system spits out a hyperthreading message?

> Anyway, it is advised to install SMP kernels on hyperthreading
> processors too.

Unless you don't want to use hyperthreading, although then turning it
off in the bios is probably a better idea, since you might still have
multiple real cpus.

> The installer uses a 2.6.15 kernel, so this is not a problem.

Depends on the installer version. :)

Len Sorensen