Re: Wanted: Debian Installer PowerPC porter(s)

hi - i am getting pretty worn out myself

putting Debian on a new world mac for first
time lately, a G4. i have thinking now it
it is a hassle.

i think the installer is over automated and
that increase bug problems. for instance.

a) the partitioning scheme and type i was
given were not much at all to my liking or
need. i was not given any option to correct
this only take it or leave it. i was not told
that journaling was being turned on.
   since the partition sizes i was given were
not suitable i am force to resize later. my
backup drive here is firewire and i am hearing
it won't boot a backup. (the backup i made on
scsi with the old world machine wouldn't boot
either, but i was able to run parted by interrupting
the installer - although it no longer tells
you you can i guess you can ... )

________________

on more general :

i for one am no windows guy. I trained on unix
back in the old days and now i am 50% mac at least.

i like macs, and i like unix. i can't stand windows.
i really can't.

is this worth it. i have done some work with
Fink project/ macosx.2 jaguar. obviously it
it non-free.  i don't like that but i need
to do some pre-production sorts of work.

by the way fink commander is compared to synaptic
much better !

?suggestions ??