Re: removal of svenl from the project

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 21:01 -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:
[...]
> Sven has always been a nuisance to deal w/, but up until now I have not
> considered this action.  In the past two weeks, the following comments
> made by him have changed my mind:
>
> 2006-03-07:
> <svenl> jonas: i hope we never again meet in public, because i promise i
> will hit you if i do.
>
> 2006-03-14:
> svenl> vorlon: so, you think it is correct of jonas to mention
> traveller and thanking him for investigating the issue, while fully
> ignoring my own contribution ?
> <-- vorlon (~vorlon@dsl093-039-086.pdx1.dsl.speakeasy.net) has left
> #debian-kernel
> <svenl> yeah, coward.

A few clarifications/comments based upon what people have said:

1) These quotes are examples of his destructive behavior.  One can find
plenty more in the mailing lists.  The ones I supplied here are the ones
that made *me* decide to take action.

2) Yes, I have tried talking to him.  After a number of blowups on the
debian-kernel list, myself and a number of kernel team members have
talked to him to calm him down (and in some cases getting him to
apologize).  The behavior he displays happens repeatedly, despite
warnings and requests that he behave himself.  The rest of the IRC log
from when he threatened Jonas is basically me attempting to show Sven
how destructive his behavior is.  The fact that, a week later, he
continues w/ this behavior (after years of doing the same thing) is why
you're seeing this request.

3) If he was in the NM queue, and you were his AM, would you accept him
after seeing how he behaves?  If not, why is that so different from
kicking him out of the project (other than asking that he be banned from
the lists, but this is a request of the list masters, not the DAM)?  In
that regards, I have a wonderful quote from Sven: "I am not in the AM
queue, so i can be as rude as i want." [0]

I presume he meant the NM queue.

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/07/msg00967.html