Re: r35392 - trunk/packages/preseed/debian

On Sunday 12 March 2006 18:47, Geert Stappers wrote:
> Author: stappers
> Date: Sun Mar 12 17:47:49 2006
> New Revision: 35392
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/packages/preseed/debian/network-preseed.isinstallable
>    trunk/packages/preseed/debian/network-preseed.postinst
> Log:
> allow other protocols (then only FTP and HTTP)

I wonder what other protocols you're thinking of?
network-preseed uses wget which AFAICT only supports ftp, http and https.

So what is gained by removing the check for protocol?

The only change I could conceivably see a use for is:
-   if grep -q filename.*\(http\|ftp\):// "$file" ; then
+   if grep -q filename.*\(https\?\|ftp\):// "$file" ; then
as https was not yet covered.
But as https requires libssl which in most cases is probably not available
at that point and as https is not supported by the rest of the installer
anyway, I doubt that really has added value.

IMO if a more detailed check is possible, it should be used as that in
general will help avoid unexpected errors/behavior and makes it clear
what _is_ supported.

Cheers,
FJP