Re: /cdrom/dists/sid/Release don't exist

On Thursday 09 March 2006 17:15, Fredrik Kers wrote:
> I downloaded the "DebianInstaller daily developmental builds" from
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/i386/i
>so-cd/debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso and started the installation in
> expert mode and chose unstable as dist. When I came to "Install base
> system" stage the installer was searching for
> "file:///cdrom/dists/sid/Release" that does not exist and the
> installation could not continue.

That is correct. You can not install unstable using a netinst CD, only
testing. You should use a businesscard CD instead.

Note to self: add a check in choose-mirror that does not allow to change
the suite if installing from CD (or iso) and .disk/base_installable is
present.

Cheers,
FJP