preseeding d-i mirror/suite

Good evening, debian-boot,

I've been having a wonderful glub of trouble trying to correctly preseed d-i mirror/suite. Big picture: we're trying to get our preseeded automatic debian installations to work from our internal debian mirror - to both monitor upgrades to packages and reduce load on the public mirrors out there. Our mirror appears to be working fine - I can apt-get from it, etc. However, I can't seem to get the debian installer to correctly find it.

Here's a quote from the preseed file:

d-i mirror/protocol         select http
d-i mirror/country          string enter information manually
d-i mirror/http/hostname    string packages.ourdomain.com
d-i mirror/http/directory   string ''
d-i mirror/suite            select stable

The installer will then try to download a file from our apache mirror from DOCUMENT_ROOT/dists/**sarge**/Release. (no asterisks) But it's not there... it's over in DOCUMENT_ROOT/dists/**stable**/Release. I could rename the suite of the mirror from 'stable' to 'sarge', but it seems like I'm just perhaps misinterpreting mirror/suite. (Isn't the suite technically 'stable' and 'sarge' the codename anyway?) I try:

d-i mirror/suite	select testing
d-i mirror/suite	select unstable
- or -
d-i mirror/suite	string sarge
d-i mirror/suite	string etch
d-i mirror/suite	string stable
(I noticed many preseed files online with the 'string' type instead of 'select' for mirror/suite. However, looking at /var/log/debian-installer/cdebconf/templates.dat seems to suggest it should be a 'select'.)
- or -
I go through the installer manually and select any of stable, testing, or unstable.

All these methods result in the same thing - the installer still tries to get the file DOCUMENT_ROOT/dists/sarge/Release.

Am I misinterpreting what d-i mirror/suite actually does?  I'm baffled.

I am using the stable version of the installer - as with the rest of our debian software.

Thanks much, rock on.

Mike

(I'm on the list, no need to cc me)