Re: "Not partitionable support" with 2.6 kernel-installer

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 18:01, Pelle rossa wrote:
> The hard-disk is a Seagate: ST960822A

The harddisk is not really important; the disc controller is.

> I thinked to install "ETCH", hopeful that his new installer for 2.6
> kernel is better and recognize all my hardware without troubles.

To install Etch, please use one of the images available from:
http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

If your system is a 64-bit machine and you would like to install the AMD64
port instead of the i386 port, you should wait a few days until the beta2
images have been built (these are allready available for other ports, but
AMD64 is a few days later).

Cheers,
FJP