Re: 02/21 Etch install -- DHCP fails for Realtek 8139

On Sunday 05 March 2006 01:42, David B van Balen wrote:
> Is there a way to begin the install, fetch the correct modules off the
> install CD and load them without going through the installer's net
> config steps? I ran a 'find' on the CD for substring 8139 but came up
> with nothing, so I assume the drivers are in a compressed file
> somewhere?

Try an expert install. You will be prompted for which modules to load and
you can then stop after loading the ones you want before the actual
network configuration starts.

You can even stop before loading any modules.
Hmm. Things may not be that simple for daily built images because udev may
load drivers automatically in an earlier stage. However, you may at least
get a clearer picture.

Cheers,
FJP