Re: First commit of Tamil translation for Debian Installer

Hi,
It is great to hear that Tamil will soon be added to the list of supported languages. I hope to put more time on it after I return to India.  I have been using TSCu_Paranar for viewing Tamil unicode pages and it looks great for me. I guess it should work fine. I am ready to do any help within my limits to make Tamil completely supported.

Cheers
Damodharan
Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
I missed it but I have been notified by Dennis Stampfer: the first
commit of a partial Tamil translation of Debian Installer has been
made in D-I SVN repository a few days ago.

The translation ratio is actually about 21% which is far from the
limit of 50% where I activate a language (a short discussion recently
happened about the real interest for a limit and it may have convinced
me that I can make exceptions) but this is already interesting to see
some progress here.

Welcome, then, to Tamil as a "soon supported" language in Debian
Installer. And congratulations to Damodharan Rajalingam who
coordinated (and continues to coordinate) this work.

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket