Re: [Debian-in-workers] Country names for Bengali

Baishampayan Ghose wrote:

Jamil,
After selecting the language: "Bengali - বাংলা" while using graphical
D-I [1], the next screen shows a list of country names [2]. May I
know why "India" is listed above "Bangladesh" for Bengali language?
Even I don't know why ``India'' is listed above ``Bangladesh'' but since
BD is the default, does it _really_ matter much?

Yes, it *does* matter. :)

There are only two country names after all ...

As I saw in other languages [ie. English, French, German etc] the country names are sorted alphabetically - except Bengali.

Christian already informed that the bn_BD locale has an issue, I will try to dig out.

Best,
`Jamil