Re: Trying to install to SATA drives on RAID 1 [REPOST #2]

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 04:26:57PM -0400, Berpeca Sistemas, C.A. wrote:
> I am trying to install Debian 3.1 r1 on a raid0 SI3112 with 2 WD800jD 80 GB
> drives.  I?m sure among you guys there must have been many who had similar
> problem so a solution must be there somewhere among you.   I need to prepare
> a flloppy disk with the drives at boottime for the mention RAID controller.

Use linux software raid instead.  The only way to use fakeraids under
linux is with dmraid, which debian doesn't support in 3.1.

The performance will also be better with software raid.

I know thre sil3112 is supported at least in the 2.6 kernel, so if you
boot with linux26 at the boot prompt it should detect the controller,
but it has to be in normal mode, not raid mode.

Len Sorensen