D-I Etch Beta2 - Status update (2)

udeb status
===========
Some late udebs (mainly partman) have been migrated. There will be a few
more minor changes to solve issues discovered while testing.

A major open issue is prep support in partman (PowerPC). I'm not yet sure
if we will be able to solve that in time for the Beta. The main concern
is lack of testing of the changes. The fact that the issue has been
present for a long time and this is therefore not a regression from Beta1
makes it a bit easier to postpone it to post-Beta2.

kernel status
=============
2.6.15-7 has been uploaded today; for some architectures it may already be
available tomorrow. This version is definitely the one we want to go with
for Beta2, so please update and upload your kernel udeb packages ASAP.

I will consult with RM and kernel team about how soon the new kernel and
udebs can be migrated to testing.

testing status
==============
All issues that were open have been resolved now.

port status
===========
- hppa has been successfully tested; we will switch to using
  initramfs-tools by default for Beta2
- I've had no news regarding the installability of m68k

release schedule (revised)
==========================
We are currently 5 days behind schedule, mostly due to the fact that extra
uploads of d-i were needed because of missing build dependencies.
Today the 20060218 builds have been installed for all arches, so tomorrow
we will switch to etch_d-i for daily images and hopefully the test build
of full CDs will also take place.

I suggest reducing the testing period a bit as we've seen no significant
problems with the sid_d-i builds over the past few weeks.

23-02 Switch daily images from sid_d-i to sarge_d-i
      Start of testing period
23-02 Testbuild of full CDs
21-02 Migration of remaining udebs, decision re. kernel version
27-02 Final upload of d-i (depends on kernel (udeb) migration)
02-03 Beta2 full CD builds
03-03 Final testing & web site update
04-03 Release