Re: Floppy install: weird Arabic glyph

Quoting Mohammed Adnène Trojette (adn@diwi.org):
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2006, Davide Viti wrote:
> > While writing some instructions about doing a floppy install using
> > qemu on the wiki [1] I noticed a weird glyph in the Arabic string.
> > I grabbed a screenshot [2] which shows the problem (compare floppy
> > vs. netboot)
> > Not sure if it's a known problem.
>
> The right one is correct.
> The left one neither uses ligatures (wrong font?) nor respects RTL
> direction.

This is probably because libfribidi is not available on the root
floppy.

I'm afraid there's not much we can do about it. Maybe have a special
template with NO translations for "Choose language" and display it
instead of the standard template with bilingual entries.

Anyway, on floppy installs, if one chooses Arabic or any other
language than English, the installation will continue in English until
packages with translations are downloaded from the network or the
CD....See #269972 for which I just proposed a patch to warn users
about this limitation.