Re: [g-i] Indic scripts

Davide Viti wrote:

<snip>

Attilio just confirmed that we do not use boldoblique text
anywhere in the FE, so we can get rid of these as well.

Oblique is something even more "pending" than italic and the GTK frontend never uses oblique formatting, so the *oblique*.ttf files can also be deleted from font packages right now to save up some Kbytes. Italic is used only in a couple of places in the entire frontend ( extended desciptions and text beneath the progressbar,), so it's ok for me removing *italic*.ttf files from font packages and letting italic glyphs be calculated from plain glyphs to save up some more space. If the italic glyphs calculated from plain fonts should become unreadable, i propose to simply remove italic formatting from the GTK frontend, as it makes no sense wasting many hundreds of kbytes just to display a couple of italic strings in the whole installation process. Maybe removing italic formatting from the frontend may also facilitate font picking process as we wouldn't have to check correctness of both plain and italic text but plain only?

friendly

Attilio