Re: Fw: Re: Re: Re: Re: 7046-B50 booting Debian on chrp

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 01:21:11PM +0900, 정기용 wrote:
> Hi,
> .
> I managed to succeed the base installation without boot loader install.
> Thanks for Attilio I got the d-i image from the following site, which is prep image.
> Anyway I succeeded a base installation with this image.

Can you go into a shell and provide me with the /proc/cpuinfo content ?

> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/powerpc/iso-cd/debian-testing-powerpc-businesscard.iso
>
> There's an error message as the below after successful base installation.
> [!!] install yaboot on a hard disk
> No bootstrap partition found
> No hard disks were found which have an “Apple_Bootstrap” partition.
> You must create an 819200-byte partition with type “Appple_Bootstrap”
> <Go Back>              <Continue>
> Select Continue.

And file a bug against yaboot-installer including the /proc/cpuinfo content ?
Actually, you should file a real installation report, accordying to the
template linked from www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer.

> [!!] install yaboot on a hard disk
> Installation step failed.
> An installation step failed. You con try to run the failing item
> again from the menu, or skip it and choose Something else. The
> failing step is: Install yaboot on a hard disk.
> .
> I guess my boot device path is pci80000000/scsi@10/scsi@2,0.
> In this case how I can boot ?
> Because there is no boot loader in my disk.
> Could you please give me some tips ?

This is a yaboot-installer bug which needs to be fixed.

Friendly,

Sven Luther