Re: trying to install debian on a fujitsu lifebook n3520

Quoting Jesse (kaneo_jg@yahoo.com):
> Hi,
>
>      I've been trying to install debian 3.1rev1 on my fujitsu lifebook n3520 and I've run into a major snag. For some reason, the official debian boot DVD doesn't seem to load modules that detect the hard disk and so I'm unable to make any partitions.This is true even when using the "expert26" argument to the boot loader. Does anyone know of a more recent boot image I could perhaps burn to a CD that would get this thing up and running? Thanks,

Sarge official images are known to have problems detecting many SATA
hard disks.

I suggest you either try a daily build image which you will find from
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer....but beware that this
will force you to install Debian *etch*, ie the under development
version of the distribution.

You can also try *unofficial* images of the sarge installer which
you'll find at http://kmuto.jp/b.cgi/debian/d-i-2615.htm

Be aware that in this last case, you'll install Debian sarge but the
kernel will not benefit from the sarge security updates.