GDKDFB has been checked into GTK

Hi all

Tonight Mike checked in the DFB backend into GTK: evrything compiles fine as with the old 2.8.x GTK versions, but now the build process i MUCH simpler and cleaner. We're getting closer to switch to GTKDFB 2.10.x (the next first GTK release to officially include DFB support), but some things still need to happen

*DirectFB >= 0.9.24 has to be packaged into udeb, but Dennis suggested to wait until DFB 0.9.25/26 is released, as it should contain many major improvements over DFB 0.9.24
*Next major Cairo version (1.1 ?) has to be released and packaged into udeb
*GLib >= 2.9.x has to be released and packaged into udeb (we'll have to wait for GLib 2.10 to be released) *GTK+ 2.10 has to be has to be released and packaged into udeb (we'll have to wait for GTK+ 2.10 to be released togheter with GLib 2.10)

An optional DFB component we may want to package later into udeb is the Fusion IPC module, in the case we want to allow the user to play games while the installation process. Mike also proposed [1] to package in the future some more DFB components as regular deb packages. Attached here you'll find a script to build the latest GTK+ from CVS and do some testing. Please, note that the "old" GTK 2.8.10 building scripts by Davide are still more suitable for testing fonts in the miniiso as it requires older versions of GLib and Cairo that are already availabe as regular udebs.

ciao

Attilio

[1] http://mail.directfb.org/pipermail/directfb-dev/2006-February/001461.html

#!/bin/bash

export PREFIX="/opt"

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/

#DFB >= 0.9.24 is needed
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.directfb.org:/cvs/directfb -z3 co DirectFB
cd DirectFB
sh autogen.sh --prefix=$PREFIX --with-inputdrivers=keyboard,linuxinput,ps2mouse --with-gfxdrivers=all --enable-unique
# --enable-debug --enable-trace --enable-extra-warnings --enable-multi
make;make install
cd ..

#GLIB >= 2.9.0 is needed
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome -z3 co -r glib
sh autogen.sh --prefix=$PREFIX
make;make install
cd ..

#CAIRO
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.cairographics.org:/cvs/cairo co cairo
cd cairo
sh autogen.sh --prefix=$PREFIX --enable-directfb=yes --disable-xlib --disable-ps --disable-pdf --disable-win32
make;make install
cd ..

#GTK
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome -z3 co gtk+
cd gtk+
sh autogen.sh --prefix=$PREFIX --with-gdktarget=directfb
make;make install
cd ..