Re: reiser4progs-udeb mkreiser4-udeb

Frans Pop wrote:
> Should we maybe exclude the reiser4 udebs for debian-cd and instead _not_
> exclude reiserfsprogs-udeb?
> Do you remember why that was excluded in the first place? If it is not
> needed, should we drop the dependency in partman-reiserfs?

What a mess..

- The reiser4progs udebs are currently useless as there are no kernel
  modules. Now excluded from CD.
- reiserfsprogs-udeb is not used by partman-reiserfs, though it depends
  on it. The udeb could be useful if partman-reiserfs were extended to
  check existing reiserfs partitions, or to resize them. But for now,
  kept excluded from CD, and dependency dropped.
- mkreiserfs-udeb contains mkfs.reiserfs, which is used by
  partman-reiserfs as a fallback (after trying to use parted).
  AFAIK this is what actually ends up creating reiserfs partitions in
  d-i. I'm not sure what was causing this udeb to get loaded though.
- libreiserfs0.3-udeb is no longer used by parted, which no longer
  supports creating reiserfs filesystems, AFAICS. Dropped from CD.
  Unless parted is going to start using it again sometime, there is no
  reason to keep this udeb.
- reiserfsprogs is installed by partman-reiserfs, so kept on CD.

--
see shy jo