Re: Implementing plugins in the GTK frontend

Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
Hi

as the GTK frontend still contains a couple of hardcoded special question handlers, i tought it was time to move them into appropriate plugins. I've red doc/plugin.txt and did everything as explained, but still can't make the plugins work in the d-i: could someone help me in understanding why the plugins are not dtected (actually, i placed plugin-xxx.so inside /usr/lib/cdebconf/frontend/gtk) ?
If you have troubles with the attached patch, you can also get it from
https://debian.polito.it/downloads/gtk_plugins_difflog.txt .

today i carefully red the plugins documentation and i finally understood
they are meant to replace a question handler basing on the question's
"type" and not "tag" field.. doh! :(
I suppose i won't be able to move out of the GTK frontend the handlers
for "countrychooser/country-name" nor "partman/choose_partition" unless
a plugin system per-question-tag is implemented or the countrychooser
and partman are modified to ask a, respectively, "country-name" and
"choose_partition" type of questions.

Attilio